New month, new challenge! For the month of January we are encouraging fitness and the RCM Step Challenge! Our challenge is to do 10,000 steps in a day. Our main goal is to keep active every day!
To find out more about the challenge, come to our next meeting for more details or email firstname.lastname@example.org
To help encourage your involvement, below are fun facts about the benefits of walking everyday:
- A 15-min walk can curb chocolate and sugar cravings
- Walking can boost creativity by up to 60%
- 30 min walk is just as effective as antidepressant medication in relieving symptoms of major depression
- Studies have shown that exercise positively affects the levels of certain mood-enhancing neurotransmitters in the brain. Exercise may also boost feel good endorphins, release tension in muscles, help you sleep better and reduce levels of the stress hormone cortisol.
- Walking a mile a day burns 100 calories which could help you lose ten pounds a year without changing your eating habits. Additionally, if you add 2000 more steps to your regular activity, you may never gain another pound.